Friday, April 29, 2011

HUNTING TUCKER Excerpt

I first saw her at the news kiosk parked in front of the new city library. I won’t lie to you. She was a fine looking woman. Fucking radiant.

Her silky golden hair was pulled back into a ponytail. The sun glinted off her honey-colored skin, which appeared to sparkle but must have been the sunlight catching her just the right way. She was helping the vendor, an odd little man, to his feet. Her white sundress dipped low in the front when she bent down, revealing two perfect, perky breasts. She was wearing one of those see-through bras, and it was doing a commendable job. Dammit if her pink nipples didn’t wink at me.  I swallowed, more like gulped. A wave of desire hit me, sweeping over my entire body. I had to clamp my mouth shut before the totally understandable growl rose up my throat and escaped. 

A crowd had gathered and I pushed my way to the front of the kiosk and flashed my badge.

“What happened?” I asked the odd man.

She turned a gorgeous pair of brown eyes on me. I was stunned speechless for a moment, almost took a step back. Her gaze seemed to look through me. A woman looks at you like that and you forget what you’re thinking.

2011 © Annabelle Weston

No comments:

Post a Comment